Roma Spotters Club

Fotografia & Aeronautica
Oggi è 08/12/2019, 15:36

Tutti gli orari sono UTC+02:00

Apri un nuovo argomento  Rispondi all’argomento  [ 15 messaggi ]  Vai alla pagina 1 2 Prossimo
Autore Messaggio
 Oggetto del messaggio: Rome Spotting Trip
MessaggioInviato: 03/03/2011, 14:10 
Non connesso

Body: Canon 400D
Ottiche: Canon 18-55mm + Tamron 55-200mm
Hey All!

My name is Josh, I am 18 years old and a spotter from London. Previously I was leader of a spotting group called London Spotters, and have since gone on to develop a new website focusing on European aviation news, http://www.europeanaviationtoday.co.uk

I am heading out to Rome this weekend for 5 days. I fly to Ciampino with Ryanair from Gatwick on Sat 5th, then i fly back home on Weds 9th March. I am staying in Camping Village Roma, which I understand is near to FCO. Basically, I would like to have a whole day spotting during my time in Rome, maybe even two!

Is there anybody out there who is going to be around at Fiumicino during those days for a full day who fancies showing me the ropes!

Ciao
Josh
:airplanesmile:

Oggetto del messaggio: Re: Rome Spotting Trip
MessaggioInviato: 03/03/2011, 14:26 
Non connesso
RSC Team
RSC Team

Body: Canon EOS 50D e 450D
Ottiche: Canon EF 100-400 f4.5-5.6 L IS
Spotter Type: Chirurgo
Hi Josh, welcome to RSC community! : Welcome :

This w/e a group of greek spotters will be here too. Some of us will surely be around FCO for the occasion on sunday, so you can come and join. I suppose you have not a car and coming to FCO from CIA is not so easy: although the airports are not so far, there's not a direct public transport line between them. Now I really don't know if someone is able to pick you up at CIA. We'll let you know within tomorrow. If you manage to arrive at least at the FCO air terminal, someone will certainly pick you up to every spotting location available out there.

Le mie foto su Airliners.net || Il mio Flickr

Immagine

MessaggioInviato: 03/03/2011, 14:31 
Non connesso

Thank you for the welcome!

Getting from CIA is no problem for me. I have a transfer booked for me to get from the airport to my accommodation that evening. And I am sure i can get from the Camping Village to FCO terminal complex with ease too on the Sunday. Does anybody have any idea which Runways will be in use on that day, bit early I know, but good to be prepared with a plan!

Look forward to Sunday with the Italians and the Greeks!

MessaggioInviato: 03/03/2011, 14:37 
Non connesso
RSC Team
RSC Team

If you don't have problems in getting to FCO, things become very easy :lol:
Looking at the forecasts it seems that rwys 34L and 34R will be in use for landing on sunday (rwy 25 for Takeoffs almost always). If you have internet access you can easily find it out looking at flightradar24.com

So you'll need to be picked up at the FCO terminal. I'm gonna check who's gonna be there in the morning and try to arrange a meeting

Immagine

MessaggioInviato: 03/03/2011, 15:34 
Non connesso
RSC Team
RSC Team

Body: Canon Eos 7D
Ottiche: Canon EF 100-400mm f4.5-5.6 L IS USM
Hi josh, welcome aboard! As virata told you many of us will be around fiumicino on sunday, i don't know yet what time i'm going to be there, but if i'll decide to go early in the morning, i will let you know. Do you know exactly where you camping is located? There is a big international camping only one kilometer far from my house, i don't remind the name but i think it is the one where you are going to be!

Immagine

MessaggioInviato: 03/03/2011, 16:06 
Non connesso

Hey Ciosbi!

Thanks. The name of the place where I am staying is Plus Camping Village Roma. To my understanding it is located in Aurelia, next to the main road, over the otherside from a Supermarket and McDonalds. I believe that there is also a Metro Station called Aurelia, about 200 meters down the road, according to GoogleMaps anyway!

Cheers

MessaggioInviato: 03/03/2011, 16:08 
Non connesso
RSC Team
RSC Team

joshrice ha scritto:
The name of the place where I am staying is Plus Camping Village Roma. To my understanding it is located in Aurelia, next to the main road, over the otherside from a Supermarket and McDonalds. I believe that there is also a Metro Station called Aurelia, about 200 meters down the road, according to GoogleMaps anyway!

I think this is exactly the place Ciosbi is talking about 8-)

Immagine

MessaggioInviato: 03/03/2011, 16:23 
Non connesso
RSC Team
RSC Team

It is the camping i wrote about eheheh i live near the metro, but it is about 1 km far from there. 200-300 meters from there, you have the regional train stop, aurelia station, but you can't directly reach fiumicino airport from there. I have two suggestions for you: the first is to take bus number 247 ( there is a bus stop at the camping entrance) to villa carpegna, than metro A direction anagnina to valle aurelia, regional train to trastevere and than regional train to fiumicino airport. This is the cheapest way, it should cost about 6-7 euros. There is another way, you should remain on the metro at valle aurelia and go to termini, there is a direct train than to fiumicino but this will cost about 15-16 euros. There could be also another possibility, if i will go to the airport early in the morning, i could come to the camping by car and take you to fiumicino with me, but i will be sure of this only saturday night. If you need informations about everything, write me a pm!

Immagine

MessaggioInviato: 03/03/2011, 16:26 
Non connesso

Thanks Ciosbi!

I will print what you just posted off. Also, if you do decide to go on Sunday, I would be more than happy to give you some money for driving me to and from FCO with you!

Graci

MessaggioInviato: 03/03/2011, 16:32 
Non connesso
RSC Team
RSC Team

joshrice ha scritto:
Thanks Ciosbi!

I will print what you just posted off. Also, if you do decide to go on Sunday, I would be more than happy to give you some money for driving me to and from FCO with you!

Graci

Josh, here we don't accept money, we are spotters and it is our and my personal pleasure to help spotters from foreign countries in rome! But, as our prime minister here teaches, we accept you to introduce us nice chicks from the camping ;) :D

Immagine

Apri un nuovo argomento  Rispondi all’argomento  [ 15 messaggi ]  Vai alla pagina 1 2 Prossimo

Tutti gli orari sono UTC+02:00