Roma Spotters Club

Fotografia & Aeronautica
Oggi è 06/12/2019, 0:26

Tutti gli orari sono UTC+02:00

Apri un nuovo argomento  Rispondi all’argomento  [ 25 messaggi ]  Vai alla pagina Precedente 1 2 3 Prossimo
Autore Messaggio
MessaggioInviato: 17/06/2011, 20:13 
Non connesso

Body: Canon EOS 60D
Ottiche: 55-250
Mrcznz ha scritto:
It depends......
if the wind is from the south...the best palce will be in the top of 16R.
if the wind is from the north(BEST)...you have to go at a petrol station called Agip. here you can do amazing shots and video too!

bye

i'm afraid, the counter light will be in the morning from the AGIP station. I've read that the best point in the morning is the "burning point" near the 16L touchdown, but i have no idea how to reach there. maybe i'm wrong about the counter light, surely you know it better

MessaggioInviato: 17/06/2011, 20:26 
Non connesso

Body: D7000 + CX160
Ottiche: 18-105 VR + 70-300 VR
Spotter Type: Pignolo
artemuss ha scritto:
Mrcznz ha scritto:
It depends......
if the wind is from the north(BEST)...you have to go at a petrol station called Agip. here you can do amazing shots and video too!

bye

i'm afraid, the counter light will be in the morning from the AGIP station. I've read that the best point in the morning is the "burning point" near the 16L touchdown, but i have no idea how to reach there. maybe i'm wrong about the counter light, surely you know it better

in FCO in the morning there is everywhere a bit of counter light! the agip is the best spotting point ever and also the easier to reach. but if the wind is from the south you have to go on the other top of the runway here you can see the touch ground zone very well! but in the morning especially near 12 o 'clock the temperature is very high near 30 °c and the asfalt is very hot too! so you photos won't be perfect.
here there are some videos of this spotting point.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SySveIaTwuQ ( landing)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRP1kC5QGrM ( take off)

MessaggioInviato: 17/06/2011, 20:27 
Non connesso
RSC Team
RSC Team

Body: Canon 7D
Ottiche: Canon 100-400L 17-40L 50f1.8
Spotter Type: Chirurgo
artemuss ha scritto:
Mrcznz ha scritto:
It depends......

bye

Hi there!
You're definitly right. Best places for morning traffic are "burning point" and "carrots field", but in both cases you'll need a car to reach them.
The former is for spotting on 16L, so basically mostly european carriers and lots of Alitalia. The latter is for 16R spotting, so heavys and extra-schengen, even if after all sometimes they mix-up incoming traffic, so there's no an absolute rule :)
GPS coords for the burning point is 41.840145,12.270441, while carrots field is 41.812059,12.233169 (double check before in google maps and your gps device).
ciao
ale

MessaggioInviato: 17/06/2011, 20:34 
Non connesso

Mrcznz ha scritto:
artemuss ha scritto:
Mrcznz ha scritto:
It depends......

bye

in FCO in the morning there is everywhere a bit of counter light! the agip is the best spotting point ever and also the easier to reach. but if the wind is from the south you have to go on the other top of the runway here you can see the touch ground zone very well! but in the morning especially near 12 o 'clock the temperature is very high near 30 °c and the asfalt is very hot too! so you photos won't be perfect.
here there are some videos of this spotting point.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SySveIaTwuQ ( landing)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRP1kC5QGrM ( take off)

oh, i see, the top of the RWY 16R is the point "Spot F - Porchettaro"?
and do you know any ways to reach the AGIP by public transport in case nobody will join us?

MessaggioInviato: 17/06/2011, 20:40 
Non connesso

Body: D7000 + CX160
Ottiche: 18-105 VR + 70-300 VR
Spotter Type: Pignolo
i don't know, but surely someone here can tell this info to yu!
there is a bus station near this petrol station but i don't know how to reach it by bus.
otherways the wind from the north is very very rare , especially in summer!

bye!

MessaggioInviato: 17/06/2011, 20:49 
Non connesso

alphasierra ha scritto:
artemuss ha scritto:
Mrcznz ha scritto:
It depends......

bye

Hi there!
You're definitly right. Best places for morning traffic are "burning point" and "carrots field", but in both cases you'll need a car to reach them.
The former is for spotting on 16L, so basically mostly european carriers and lots of Alitalia. The latter is for 16R spotting, so heavys and extra-schengen, even if after all sometimes they mix-up incoming traffic, so there's no an absolute rule :)
GPS coords for the burning point is 41.840145,12.270441, while carrots field is 41.812059,12.233169 (double check before in google maps and your gps device).
ciao
ale

thanks! and is it legal to spot from the carrot fields? isn't it a restricted area? here, in Moscow, we've been twice taken to the poliсe office from the most popular points.

and how much approximately will cost the taxi from T3 to carrot fields?

surely the non-alitalia traffic is more interesting for us, because we have lots of European traffic in Moscow, you know.

Ultima modifica di artemuss il 17/06/2011, 20:54, modificato 1 volta in totale.

MessaggioInviato: 17/06/2011, 20:52 
Non connesso

Mrcznz ha scritto:
i don't know, but surely someone here can tell this info to yu!
there is a bus station near this petrol station but i don't know how to reach it by bus.
otherways the wind from the north is very very rare , especially in summer!

bye!

thanks for info! but i still hope that one kind romaspotter will meet us and bring to the point =)

MessaggioInviato: 18/06/2011, 10:30 
Non connesso
RSC Team
RSC Team

Body: Canon EOS 50D e 450D
Ottiche: Canon EF 100-400 f4.5-5.6 L IS
During summer 99% there won't be northern winds, so expect runways 16 in use. I suggest you to go to the carrots field or, at least, under the 16R glide. The only problems you can experience with police will probably be during the El Al flight arrival and departure (who most likely arrives at 9.00, Rw16R, and departs at 10.30, Rw25).
There's no way to get there with public transportation. A taxi ride won't cost you so much, the problem is finding a taxi to get back :lol:
Moreover, the best incoming heavy traffic is between 7 and 9 a.m. , you better try and catch them departing (between 9 and 11) at the "ponticello" spotting point (Rwy 25). Heat distortion will be relevant everywhere, so at that time of the day it's better to shoot "airside"

Le mie foto su Airliners.net || Il mio Flickr

Immagine

MessaggioInviato: 18/06/2011, 13:04 
Non connesso

viratadiprocedura ha scritto:
During summer 99% there won't be northern winds, so expect runways 16 in use. I suggest you to go to the carrots field or, at least, under the 16R glide. The only problems you can experience with police will probably be during the El Al flight arrival and departure (who most likely arrives at 9.00, Rw16R, and departs at 10.30, Rw25).
There's no way to get there with public transportation. A taxi ride won't cost you so much, the problem is finding a taxi to get back :lol:
Moreover, the best incoming heavy traffic is between 7 and 9 a.m. , you better try and catch them departing (between 9 and 11) at the "ponticello" spotting point (Rwy 25). Heat distortion will be relevant everywhere, so at that time of the day it's better to shoot "airside"

Thank you! And what is the propability of RWY 25 being used for take offs? RWY 7 is less attractive, i see.
If taxi cab will bring us to the point, i'll try to ask it to come back in several hours. For this i should learn some words in Italian :caffè

MessaggioInviato: 18/06/2011, 19:47 
Non connesso
RSC Team
RSC Team

Body: Canon EOS 50D e 450D
Ottiche: Canon EF 100-400 f4.5-5.6 L IS
Rwy 07 is not used at all. Runway 25 is always open for Take-offs (except during strong cross-winds, but it's not the case in July)

Le mie foto su Airliners.net || Il mio Flickr

Immagine

Apri un nuovo argomento  Rispondi all’argomento  [ 25 messaggi ]  Vai alla pagina Precedente 1 2 3 Prossimo

Tutti gli orari sono UTC+02:00